The European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI) and the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) are delighted to announce the CMR 2018 Travel Awards for the Joint EuroCMR/SCMR Meeting to be held from 31 January to 3 February 2018, in Barcelona, Spain.
The Travel Awards consist of Free Registration to CMR 2018 and a minimum of EUR 200 per each awardee. The Travel Grants are designed to cover/contribute to costs exclusively related to travel and accommodation associated with attendance at this important CMR meeting. The recipients of the Travel Awards will be selected by a committee composed of SCMR and EACVI representatives.
The purpose of the award is to encourage and facilitate a wider attendance to the CMR 2018 meeting by all students/trainees, or younger professionals (< 10 years from MD, or <5 years from PhD degree award), or established professionals with special circumstances (see application) from all countries.
Please note that number and amount of awards will vary from region to region, depending on the number and quality of applications, motivation of the applicant, and the estimated cost of travel from the region to the meeting.
Inclusion criteria to apply to the Travel Awards:
- Be a SCMR or EACVI (silver or gold) member for 2018 at the time of application
- Be the first author of at least 1 accepted abstract or case or poster
- Be an author of at least 1 accepted abstract or case or poster (only applicable to for the Technologist Scholarship)
- Previous travel award winners are not eligible.
Also, please note that:
- The travel awards will be presented at the Awards Ceremony in Barcelona.
- The travel award cannot be paid to the awardee before the meeting
- Winners must attend the 2018 meeting to receive the award
- Applicants in the US who indicate gender and demographic may be entitled to additional funding. SCMR has received funding to encourage greater participation from women and under-represented minorities to attend the meeting
Applicants must provide the following for consideration:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of one abstract accepted for oral or poster presentation at CMR 2018.
- Curriculum vitae (two page limit).
- Letter of recommendation (one page limit) on official institutional letterhead from the applicant’s training supervisor, program director or department chairperson.
Applications may be submitted electronically between October 20th and November 3rd 11:59 PM EDT. The link to submit applications is available here